I said that I wanted to cook more during 2021 and I definitely am enjoying cooking more. I wanted to share this Pizza with bocconcini, prosciutto & rocket recipe I’ve made because it’s delicious.
Pizza is a great food to make. It’s super easy and you can add so many different toppings. Not only are they super easy but they’re super quick to make as well. I definitely can struggle finding time in the day to cook but this takes absolutely no time at all.
Pizza with bocconcini, prosciutto & rocket
10 mins prep
15 mins cook
- 1 pre-made pizza base
- 200g bocconcini, roughly chopped
- tomato paste (would skip this if the pre-made pizza base already had tomato paste)
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella or parmesan)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
1. Preheat oven 220°c fan forced.
2. Spread each base with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. If you have pre-made pizza dough with tomato paste, I would skip this step personally – it can just become too tomatoey for my liking. Also feel free to make your own pizza dough.
3. Top with freshly sliced bocconcini and bake for about 6-8 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
4. Top with prosciutto, rocket and shredded cheese. Bake for a further 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil and serve.
I am absolutely obsessed with this recipe and I’ve already made it twice. My family did seem to enjoy it as well. Honestly, after realising how easy it was to make a pizza (I mean I did cheat by buying a store-bought pizza base), I don’t think I will be buying frozen pizzas for a while.